Assemble is a creative digital and communications strategy agency that works with political organizations, issue campaigns, causes, businesses, and brands. We’re seeking a director-level applicant to execute best-in-class strategic advisory and communications services for our clients. This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C.
As associate director in our growing Strategic Advisory and Communications Services practice, you’ll play an important role in helping clients tackle their most pressing challenges while also protecting and enhancing their reputations. You’ll be responsible for crafting and executing strategic plans, undertaking media relations efforts, creating important content, and overseeing day-to-day client relationships.
The ideal candidate has an interest in business, politics, and causes; is analytically minded; is an excellent writer; is a generalist who is comfortable interacting with clients across multiple industries and spaces; is able to quickly master and distill complex information down to its key elements; excels in in a fast-paced environment; and is a self-starter. They must be well versed in the news of the day, as well as current, much-discussed themes in business and politics.
- Support strategic advisory initiatives, including those with communications components.
- Craft memos, op-eds and other written materials that advance client goals.
- Execute effective media relations programs that reach target audiences.
- Handle day-to-day client relationships.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other members of the firm, including Content and Creative teams.
- 4–8 years of professional experience in communications, media relations, public relations or public affairs consulting or in-house, general strategy consulting or in-house, or politics. Some experience with media relations preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours if/when needed and comfortable being available outside of normal business hours for urgent requests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
The salary range for this position is $80,000–$100,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Our benefits include:
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- Unlimited sick days
- A 401(k) with matching contributions
- 15 days of paid vacation in your first year
- A monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Associate Director, Strategic Advisory & Communications” in the subject line.