Assemble is a creative digital and communications strategy agency that works with political organizations, issue campaigns, causes, businesses, and brands.
The associate director of strategic communications will play an important role in helping clients tackle their most pressing strategic communications challenges while also protecting and enhancing their reputations. They will be responsible for crafting and executing strategic plans, undertaking media relations efforts, creating important content, and overseeing day-to-day client relationships.
You will manage strategic communications engagements for a wide variety of clients across multiple spaces, while operating in a fast-paced environment and 24-7 news cycle.
Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic plans and communications calendars
Media Relations: Help oversee outreach and engagement with news outlets and be well versed in business and political news
Client Management: Act as lead point of contact with clients
- Craft written recommendations and action plans that advance client goals
- Help develop op-eds and other written materials
- Design and execute effective programs that reach target audiences
- Handle day-to-day client relationships
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other members of the firm, including Content and Creative teams
- 4–8 years of professional experience in communications, media relations, public relations or public affairs consulting or in-house, general strategy consulting or in-house, or politics. Media relations experience required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-versed in the news of the day, including politics and business
- Ability to work extended hours if/when needed and comfortable being available outside of normal business hours for urgent requests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Assemble offers a wide range of progressive benefits including 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) program with an employer match, a progressive plan for vacation and time off, monthly phone reimbursement, unlimited sick time, 12 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave, a reimbursable health and wellness benefit, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), short- and long-term disability benefits, a childcare stipend for work travel, and more.
Salary Range: $80,000–$100,000 depending on experience as well as a discretionary annual bonus based on the financial health of the company.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Associate Director, Strategic Communications” in the subject line.