Assemble is a creative digital strategy agency that works with political organizations, issue campaigns, causes, and brands. We are looking for a Digital Content Strategist to work on email marketing and social media programs for our clients.
As a Digital Content Strategist, you’ll work on our clients’ email and social media programs. You’ll play a critical for clients who are doing meaningful work. The ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented, a strong writer, experienced with email production and HTML, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Manage social media accounts, including calendaring, copywriting, coordinating with designers and video editors, posting, community management and moderation, and analyzing performance
- Draft copy for emails, search, and social media ads
- Manage email production, including coding, testing, segmentation, and database maintenance
- Produce regular reporting on key email and social media metrics
- 1–2 years prior experience working in digital fundraising, digital advocacy or digital organizing.
- Strong writing skills, along with ability to communicate clearly and professionally. Ideally, you’ve written in other peoples’ voices before and you understand how to pick up new messaging quickly.
- Ability to quickly draft content that is relevant to emerging trends.
- Experience working in a collaborative writing environment—you’ve had your work edited before.
- High attention to detail—because your work will instantly be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people, you know how to avoid typos and broken links.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of political campaigns and issues. Prior experience in politics, journalism or advocacy is preferred, but not required.
- Email production experience is preferred. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of HTML and can find their way around a CRM. Experience with either NGP or Salesforce is a plus.
- Prior social media experience is not required, but a plus—exceptional candidates have either managed social media accounts professionally or are Extremely Online. You’re interested in the ins and outs of top social platforms and curious about what resonates on the Internet.
We offer a competitive salary of $55,000–$65,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Our benefits include:
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- Unlimited sick days
- A 401(k) with matching contributions
- 15 days of paid vacation in your first year
- A monthly stipend for work-from-home expenses
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Content Strategist” in the subject line.