Assemble is a creative digital and communications strategy agency that works with political organizations, issue campaigns, causes, businesses, and brands. We’re seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our creative team through the November 2022 general election.
Our award-winning creative team is small but mighty. We are highly collaborative, and we keep our days exciting by working on a wide variety of projects—everything from websites to social media graphics to videos. We love projects that stretch our skills, flex our strengths, and make a positive impact on the world.
As a senior graphic designer at Assemble, you’ll be fully integrated into the creative team and a valued part of shaping the strategic approach to our visual work. You’ll make ads inspiring voters to head to the polls, help fund key Democratic campaigns, and raise awareness around important issues.
The ideal candidate will have a wide array of skills to apply to projects, with the flexibility to move among Adobe Creative Suite programs. Demonstrated strength in typography and composition are a must, and an interest in progressive politics is valuable.
This is a full-time position through the November 2022 general election with the potential to convert to a permanent position. Though this position is fully remote, Washington, D.C.-based candidates may be able to work out of our D.C. office part time.
- Create and execute design concepts ranging from brand identity, advertising, landing pages, email templates, and social media graphics
- Critically and strategically shape the direction of our visual work
- Collaborate with strategists, copywriters, media planners, and client leads in addition to the rest of the creative team
- At times, work directly with clients
- Design for top Democrats and advocacy campaigns
- 3+ years experience
- Able to work quickly and effectively in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. After Effects and Figma skills are a strong plus.
- Demonstrated strength in typography and composition
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership over design projects
- High attention to detail
- Quick and nimble—and cool under pressure.
- Willing to try new things and learn new skills.
- Take deadlines seriously, and occasionally work late to make them.
Not required, but valued
- Strong writing skills
- Video editing skills, especially in Premiere.
- Basic familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience with campaigns or political advocacy, especially on digital teams
- Interest in progressive politics and familiarity with political messaging
The compensation range for this position is $6,000–$7,000 per month, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com with “Senior Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Portfolios can be in any format you choose.