Assemble is a creative digital strategy agency that works with political organizations, issue campaigns, causes, and brands.
The strategic communications associate will play an important role in helping clients tackle their most pressing challenges while also protecting and enhancing their reputations. They will help craft and execute strategic plans, assist with media relations efforts, and produce effective content.
You will focus on strategic communications engagements for a wide variety of clients across multiple spaces, while operating in a fast-paced environment and 24-7 news cycle. You will be well-versed in the news of the day.
Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic plans and communications calendars
Media Relations: Manage media monitoring and trend analysis, update media lists, and assist with media engagement
Client Services: Successfully produce client deliverables and assist with client communications
Research: Engage in subject matter research that informs strategic recommendations
- Support strategic advisory initiatives, including those with communications components
- Craft memos and op-eds and other written materials that advance client goals
- Assist in the execution of media relations programs that reach target audiences
- Regularly collaborate with other members of the firm, including Content and Creative teams
- 2-4 years of professional experience in communications, media relations, public relations or public affairs consulting or in-house, general strategy consulting or in-house, or politics (Some media relations experience preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended hours if/when needed and comfortable being available outside of normal business hours for urgent requests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Assemble offers a wide range of progressive benefits including 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) program with an employer match, a progressive plan for vacation and time off, monthly phone reimbursement, unlimited sick time, 12 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave, a reimbursable health and wellness benefit, a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), short- and long-term disability benefits, a child care stipend for work travel, and more.
Salary Range: $60,000–$80,000 depending on experience, as well as a discretionary annual bonus based on the financial health of the company.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Strategic Communications Associate” in the subject line.